Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More Memories from Lori Eden

Jay and I met when he was 17 and I was nineteen.  We worked together at Levitz Furniture and work became our play ground.  We use to entertain the sales staff by doing a puppet show which we called the Toots & Buster show and they would all show up and laugh like crazy at the ad-libbing we did.  One of my favorite memories from that era was when Jay was summoned by his mother to move to Michigan for awhile and we wrote lot’s of letters and made many phone calls during that time.  He called and told me he was coming back and gave me the flight instructions and I went to the airport to pick him up, back then they still had the big stairs on wheels that the rolled out to the plane and here came 6’ 3” Jay in 4” platform shoes with giant bell bottoms (all very in vogue at the time) his long hair flying in the breeze and a big white box under his arm, as he came through the doors and spotted me he yelled out “Toots!”  and I followed with “Buster” and he dropped the box on the floor and opened it and pulled out a long rabbit fur coat which he held out for me to slip on and we grabbed each other and skipped out of the terminal.  Jay and I could be so silly, he always told me that I had the sense of humor of a fourteen year old boy. I miss you Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment