Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dorothy Remembers

Sans Resources / Pre-Google
Jay and I had one "fight" in our relationship. It was literally a "barfight" since I was tending the Belden bar when it started.
He was staying in a cabin with the rest of his San Mateo gang, and was sitting across the bar from me on a stool. Ironically, it was over who sang the song "What the World Needs Now is Love Sweet Love". He said the singer was Dusty Springfield, and I swore it was Dionne Warwick. We called 4 radio stations and Sara, but without resolving the issue. It was awful! We were both so sure we were right.

I finally remembered that the Forrest Gump soundtrack had it, so I went and found that and we learned that both of us were wrong! The singer is Jackie DeShannon. We hugged and made up, and have joked about it since. Thus, for Jay, I am singing the song myself!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment